Are you interested in demonstrating your expertise, building relationships, and pioneering a virtual platform? The AAMC Collaborative for Health Equity: Act, Research, Generate Evidence (CHARGE) is looking for five virtual community ambassadors to enrich our online co-working health equity space for community members. These individuals will be engaged in co-facilitating discussions, events, and collaborations in the virtual community.
Who We Are
AAMC CHARGE cultivates the health equity community by advancing collaborative research, policy, and programmatic solutions to health and health care inequities. We are an online community of 1,400+ individuals. The vision of AAMC CHARGE is an equitable and just society in which academic health centers and their multisector and community partners:
- Prioritize health equity research, action, and policy change.
- Partner with communities, families, patients, and sectors outside health care to address the many factors that contribute to a community's health.
- Advocate for structural changes that address the root causes of health inequities.
Why Us, Why Now?
The AAMC CHARGE virtual community, part of the AAMC Communities network, is committed to creating and amplifying opportunities for learning, engagement, and collaboration to eliminate inequities in health and health care and that cultivate the next generation of health equity scientists. Ambassadors will:
- Receive a financial award for actively completing a 9-month term (tasks described below).
- Receive a special badge in the Virtual Community.
- Gain virtual management and engagement skills.
- Build relationships with colleagues and other health equity stakeholders.
- Be a part of growing a virtual community.
- Drive conversations about health equity and justice.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Post at least three times a month in the virtual community (new threads, shared files, replies, etc.).
- Reply to any unanswered threads and/or threads with less than two replies.
- Plan and host two virtual AAMC CHARGE events.
- Actively engage in monthly 30- to 45-minute calls for a programming pulse check and to share tips, resources, and challenges.
- Participate in program evaluation activities (e.g., complete quarterly and end-of-term surveys).
Estimated Time Commitment
Selected ambassadors must attend the 1-hour orientation during the week of Jan. 8, 2024. We will poll for availability after the positions are filled. Ambassadors will spend 2-3 hours per month for nine months, with the option to extend if requirements of the position were fulfilled during the previous term.
Before the application deadline closes, please:
- Become a member of AAMC CHARGE.
- Join the Virtual Community (specify AAMC CHARGE when you register).
|Monday, Nov. 6, 2023||Application opens|
|Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2023 at 5 p.m. ET||Application closes|
|Week of Jan. 8, 2024||Mandatory orientation for selected ambassadors|
|Oct. 31, 2024||Ambassadors' term ends|
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to be a Virtual Community Ambassador for AAMC CHARGE, please complete the application form by Dec. 12, 2023, at 5 p.m. ET.